Thank you for stumbling across my blog! I mean I don't know what on earth you would have Googled to find me, but hey you did, so welcome!
For starters ( and no there is no real food involved and no you don't get a big chocolate cake at the end for dessert. False hope, I'm sorry), I am going to give you ten essential facts about myself so you can get to know me better! Let's Go!
1. I started this blog at the end of May 2014 after finishing exams when I was obsessed with fashion blogs and YouTube
2. I love photography. Although I would never want it to be my full-time job, it's a pretty fun hobby!
3. I can't swim :(
4. I am a really fussy eater. I will like one food, then by next week I will hate it :/
5. I love music, I practically love Indie, alternative bands and singers. Some of my favourites being Bombay bicycle club, The Arctic Monkeys, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and The Smiths. (I am also really into house music and 80's tunes) LOL.
6. My dream is to own my own business one day or write for some fancy newspaper- I'll take whichever one comes first.
7. I love reading, interacting and following other people's blogs. I love scrolling up and down my bloglovin feed. I have made so many friends through blogging, some of whom I have had the delight to meet
8. My favourite TV series are probably the X-files, My family and Keeping Up Appearances
9. My favourite films are Cloverfield (It's a good film, alright?), The Social Network, Edward Scissor hands, Alice in Wonderland (2010 version) Disney Pixar films and The Harry Potter films. I'm also a big fan of horror and thriller movies
10. I really want to own a pet axolotl and call is Aristotle
Now we have got those facts out the way, let's answer some FAQ's that I know you are just dying to ask.
Why did you start blogging?
To be honest, I don't know. I love watching Youtubers and reading other bloggers blogs but at the time I didn't have a good enough camera for YouTube videos. I was really into fashion at the time ( hence the name of the blog) but now not so much. I guess I thought it would be fun to look back on and would make a pretty cool hobby!
What are your long-term goals for blogging?
If I was to sit here and tell you that I didn't want it to be my full-time job, I would be lying. Who wouldn't like a job where you don't actually have to leave the house and can do something you love which pays the bills at the same time. Of course, I am very aware of how competitive the market is and how difficult it can be to be heard. At the moment, I am very happy with it just being my hobby.
Do you do anything else but blog?
I did study CACHE level 3 Childcare and education at a college in the hope of one day becoming a primary or infant school teacher. PLOT TWIST! I am no longer studying this course and instead, I am currently studying: Psychology, sociology and philosophy. In terms of other hobbies, er NO! I'm joking, kind of! I am very introverted and much prefer my own company than that of others. I like photography and sometimes do photography themed blog posts. This is some of my best work if you want to see more of my photography you should follow me on Instagram or check out my photography portfolio page here on my blog.
Did You Take GCSE photography?
Yes, I did. I got an A* in my coursework and a A* in the exam. Here is one of my final pieces from one of my units.
Talk to me about the techy stuff you use!
Okay, I use a Canon 100D for my photos. With a 50mm lens. I use Photoshop to edit my photos. I bought my blog design from Pipdig.
What can I expect to see on A Beautiful Chaos?
I am very passionate about mental health and wellbeing, which is why you will mainly find posts about mental health here on my blog. I talk about my own personal experiences with OCD, depression and anxiety. I also write to educate people who don't know much about mental illness and I do my best to end the stigma that surrounds mental health.
I think that's everything, probably left something off! If you have any more questions then do let me know in the comments below!