I went to college for the first time last September but I am starting again this September. Blah blah blah! You have heard this story all before. You know why etc. Basically, this means that I become a fresher again this September. However, this time, I am armed with my previous experience.
You need a lot when you go to college. A lot more than you ever did at school. The teachers aren't here to look out for you anymore (I mean, they still are but they are not going to be reminding you of all the things you need to bring) if you don't bring a planner or diary- that's your own call!
To stop you making some of the same mistakes as I did, I have made you a comprehensive list of all the essentials you will need at college. I highly recommend you take all 31 of them with you because trust me on this one guys... Your probably gonna need them!
1. Book bag- trust me no matter how big you think your bag is, ya gonna need another bag.
2. An umbrella- because waiting for the bus in the rain is no fun
3. A USB stick- because trust me ya gonna need it
4. Another USB stick- while you're at it best get two, just in case
5. A mini hole punch- for when teachers insist on giving you handouts with no holes. So you are basically asking for me to loose it...
6. A stapler- for the exact same reasons
7. A4 Polly Wallies- or pocket wallets if you want to be normal. There is no point handing in a piece of homework that looks like it's been chewed to death by your dog
8. A4 Document holder- these files are super cheap and are great for holding random sheets of paper you don't want to loose.
9. Hand sanitiser- because that canteen, though...
10. Mints- because no one likes stinky breath
12. A laptop- so then you can work anywhere on campus! Whoopee!
13. Money- because the prospect of missing your bus is highly likely
14. Tissues- because somebody always needs a tissue
15. An academic diary- just because you think you will look at your phone calendar or at random photos of various homework tasks- you won't and you will forget! Soz it's the truth
16. Paracetamol- just in case people in college really do start to give you a headache. Trust me it's highly possible.
17. Tampons/ pads- because auntie Flo likes to visit in the middle of the day...always
18. Post in notes- An amazing revision resource. Trust me, they are amazing
19. Cue cards- because damn you need to get your revision game on early
20. Notebook- for the random but *maybe* important notes you need to remember about something. Failing that it's a great doodle pad when you are bored in a free.
21. Headphones- for when you need to shut the world out or when you are sat on your own on the bus journey and don't want to look *less* lonely
23. Wet wipes- Don't ask...just bring them
24. Lip balm- because chapped lips ain't pretty
25. Hair brush- because trust me the journey from walking to the bus to campus, your hair will get pretty messed up. You want to at least look semi-presentable
26. A watch- because there are no bells in college and if your phone dies...well your screwed
27. Your student ID card- because Duh!!!!
28. Fine liners- because ain't nobody got time for boring revision notes.
29. A4 Refill Pads- because if you don't need some paper there will be someone in your class that will. It's always nice to have some spare!
30. The wifi password- because how do you seriously think I get through the day without it.
31. Sticky labels- perfect for sticking on notebooks and binders so you never forget which class you need them for. You can even write the classroom, day you have that subject on and what teacher you have for that subject on there too as a quick point of reference.
I would love to sit here and tell you that you only need a notebook and a pen but let's be frank you need a lot more.
If you are starting college or sixth form in September, I hope you found this useful. If you have already been through being a college fresher what have I missed off the list, please let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading, as always X