I have been blogging over two years now and I have written over 200 or so blog posts. It's safe to say I have learnt a lot, seen a lot and experienced a lot from being part of the blogging community. Granted not as much as some people who have been blogging since time began but enough time nonetheless.
I love blogging. Period. Blogging is really important to me and I hope that I continue it on into the future. However sometimes blogging is stressful, like any job or hobby in life. People seem to have this false perception of what blogging is like. They think blogging is a walk in a park- well let me tell you, it ain't!
Today I thought I would share with you 28 things all bloggers are thinking and want you to know. So if you do have non-blogger friends who don't seem to understand what blogging is all about, maybe you could share with them this post and give them an insight into what blogging is really like.
1. Blogging isn't easy. Hands down. End of- I am not auguring with you.
2. It took me hours to take these photos and hours to edit them- please tell me you like them! Please?
3. I sometimes run out of ideas. Sometimes I have loads of ideas. And sometimes I have a list full of ideas but I don't want to write about any of them.
4. I get jealous of my blogging friends. Of their Instagram feeds and Snapchat stories. This can make me feel down in the dumps.
5. Blogging is expensive. Whatever type of blogger you are. Yes, there is free versions. Yes, there is shortcuts but you will never be happy till you have that £25 blog header and £40 layout everyone else has.
6. Sometimes I don't want to share everything with you on Twitter and sometimes I do. I am sorry.
7. Although I like to pretend I am being very productive- I have actually spent the last hour scrolling through Pinterest and haven't touched my email inboxes yet.
8. I don't like or get on with every blogger and that is okay.
9. Although I have many blogging friends. They are also my competition . If you want to succeed you have to work harder than anyone else that includes your friends.
10. I spend hours of my life scheduling tweets and Instagram posts. No, it isn't fun and no I don't want to do.
11. It's hard to come up with fresh ideas all the time. Sometimes we take inspiration from other people. This is okay.
12. It's also hard to inject your personality into every post. Trying to be factually correct, not offend anyone and be funny is harder than you think
13. Not all bloggers are in it for the money and fame
14. We can't do everything. I can't join in every Twitter chat, upload everyday, maintain a perfect Instagram feed and boss my inboxes by 9 in the morning, everyday single day! Deal with it!
15. Blogging actually involves a lot of technical stuff, coding and HTML, and you were saying blogging is easy?
16. Bloggers get a bad rep. Celebrities are allowed to sponsor products but bloggers are criticised heavily, why is this?
17. When you blog: hobby or business - you work for yourself. You are responsible for getting up in the morning and writing a post. No one else does it for us!
18. We don't all want to be like Zoella
19. Most of us run blogs alongside college, school or full-time jobs- it's bloody hard. Cut us some slack!
20. Blogging is very creative. From the design of your blog to the style of your photos! And just like in any other creative Outlet- sometimes we are uninspired, this is okay!
21. No matter how many times I spell check a post I will always miss something- please forgive me!
22. We don't all live in fancy houses, with marble decor and companies swarming us with PR deals. We are all real people with real emotions
23. Your comments mean the world to us. Interaction means so much more than any others stats ever could.
24. That photography isn't as simple as taking a photo, there's a lot of effort that goes into blog photography especially when you are trying to take photos on a cloudy, dark day.
25. We don't all have a following like Zoella that means in order to gain comments and followers we have to comment and follow other people- this takes up a hell lot of time
26. Blogging requires a considerable amount of commitment- just like any other job.
27. We don't just spend all day taking pictures of food or scrolling through Twitter, that's called working!
28. Although blogging is very difficult, more than you would ever imagine- we wouldn't give it up for the world. Period.
Let me know if you agree with any of these things in the comments below or if there is anything else you would want your non-blogger friends and family to know!