I see these ' Things only nineties kids remember ' blog posts and lists all the time, well fun fact I wasn't a nineties kid! Although I was born in 1998 I didn't have much experience playing dream phone or applying Maybelline dream mousse foundation in three shades too dark however I did grow up in the early 2000's! And in this time, I saw a lot of crazes happen and disappear! This post is mainly based around 2000-2007 ish! So if you were a noughties kid then let's reminisce together!!!
1. Jacqueline Wilson- because if you never read one of her books, you didn't live.
2. Bop it- the most pointless but kind of addictive game ever
3. Dance mats- which had only like eight songs which were near impossible to complete.
4. Wii sports- because that was called high-quality entertainment back in 2006.
5. Pop party CD's- the ultimate selection of naff music played at every school disco
6. Girls Aloud- nope! Okay just me! I had like all their albums!
7. The pink Nintendo DS- a real icon of the early 2000's for every girl.
8. Bratz- why they existed I will never have a clue.
9. Really poor Play Station games- because going around your friends on a Saturday and playing tomb raider was apparently cool.
10. Disney Pixar- I'm talking Monsters inc, finding Nemo! Disney Pixar really upped their game, early 2000's. Same can't be said for Disney classics.
11. Tamagotchi- and then we all turn into pre-teen murders.
12. Really Crap DS games- I am talking imagine games, really rubbish racing games and games that you could never get past the third level.
13. Computer games- because I am still part of the generation who grew up with having one computer in the house, with no internet which you proceeded to play minesweeper and paint on!
14. Tracy beaker- the ultimate role model for all teenagers! Such a bae!
15. Mizz / shout / girl talk- let's face it we only got them every fortnight because of the free gifts!
16. MSN- so when the internet did come along, we used to spend all our evenings on MSN changing
our display names because you know priorities.
17. Chocolate box money machines- the best idea ever! Until you have ran out of chocolates.
18. Shrek/ Madagascar- the best films of 2000's! Such classic films which I practically know all the words to!
It was pretty bad wasn't it....
Do you remember playing or using any of these things I mentioned? What else did you have in the early noughties? Let's me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading, as always x