I have been blogging for two years! Two years??? Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? No, but seriously I honestly can't believe that I have been blogging for so long. I know compared to some people it's not a lot, for me to stay focused on something for such a long period of time is quite impressive.
From my awful wish lists to my beauty posts where I had no idea what I was on about. (CRINGE) My content has progressed so much. This year, I have managed to discuss boobs, periods and feminism- things I never thought I would talk about on my blog.
Within this two-year journey, I have had so many amazing opportunities and met so many lovely bloggers. Today I thought I would share with you 20 things I have learnt in my two years of blogging so far, enjoy!
1. The blogging community is filled with some very supportive and caring people
2. And even if I think no one cares- someone on Twitter will!
3. However, some people aren't always as nice as they seem and do have a lot of arguments on social media
4. Automatic DM's are the worst! I think someone wants to talk to me but nope!
5. Twitter chats are the best places to talk, laugh and find so many like minded people
6. Sometimes you just need a break and that's okay- people stick around!
7. The bigger the photos- the better!
8. Not everyone is going to agree with you or like what you post and that's completely okay!
9. The world of HTML and coding isn't that scary at all (it's still terrifying but it's okay)
10. It's probably best not to have the words fashion in your blog name- you will only regret it later
11. Spreadsheets and Google calendar are the most brilliant things ever for organising your blog
12. It's okay to stand out from the crowd and not do beauty posts like everyone else
13. I have an incredibly important and powerful platform that I can use to help so many people and that is what I should do
14. When you make the switch from automatic to manual settings on your camera- you will notice the difference
15. No matter how hard you try, taking fashion photos on your own is bloody hard
16. Once you start to inject some fun and personality into your writing- people will start to notice
17. There is nothing more people enjoy than a fun, nostalgic list
18. Nicole, you are addicted to Twitter and you need to start using other forms of social media
19. Scheduling tweets are one of the most important but boring things you will ever do as a blogger
20. And most importantly, my blog is still so young! I have so much I want to achieve, so many blog posts I want to write, so many bloggers I want to meet in real life- this is only the beginning!
Here's to many more years of blogging! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and my little blog. Thank you so much to everyone who has been on this journey with me so far, I really appreciate it.
Let me know how old your blog is in the comments below and what you have learnt since blogging X
Thanks for reading, as always x