Although this long summer break sounds fab, I can see myself curled up indoors, not going out. This is not what I want to happen. For once I want to make the most of the outdoors, enjoying experiences not spending my time indoors watching more and more box sets and DVDs
With this long summer ahead of me, I need to stay busy, so I thought I would share with you 35 ways you can get out more this summer (All of which I am hoping to do myself), all in aid of supporting Eventbrite's GOMO (Going Out More Often) project. Eventbrite specializes in event planning and has the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world that helps people find and plan both free and ticketed events. They thought it would be a great idea for me to share how to make the most out of the rest of your 2016, so enjoy!
2. Go on a picnic, with a really retro, old fashioned picnic hamper etc.
3. Take a drive in the country with no destination in mind
4. Lay back in a field and watch the clouds
5. Go to the beach and send a message in a bottle
6. Go stargazing
7. Visit a music festival
8. If you live in the UK, become a member of the National Trust and visit some of their properties and gardens
9. Go swimming
10. Have a BBQ on the beach
11. Still got work to do? Take it outside!
12. Go on a bike ride
13. Play pooh sticks
14. Do a race for life or colour run
16. Visit a car boot sale or even run your own car boot stall
17. Play frisbee in an open field
18. Go to the beach and build sand castles (pretend you are five again)
19. Go for a gentle walk around the woods
20. Get lost in a maze
21. Go the theme park and ride roller coasters (Or just watch your friends, if it's not for you)
22. Go to the Zoo. If you are in the UK, I personally recommend Longleat
23. Go strawberry picking
24. Take your camera out at night and do night photography
25. Have a campfire on the beach
26. Watch the sunset on the beach
27. Go on a spontaneous camping trip
28. Go fishing (It could be fun, you never know!)
29. Visit the aquarium
30. Go kayaking or canoeing
31. Visit your local sports centre, and play some outdoor sports
32. Visit a beer garden
33. Go for afternoon tea
34. Visit a pier and have fish and chips on it
35. Go to a farm and play with the baby animals
And there we have 35 ways you can get outdoors more this summer and start spending your hard earnt cash on experiences outdoors rather than materialistic items.
Thank you very much to Eventbrite for working with me on this post, injunction with their GOMO (Getting out more often) project. You can check out how to create your own free or ticketed event on Eventbrite's event planning software HERE and learn more about their GOMO campaign HERE
The project is such a fantastic idea and has really inspired me to try and make the most of summer 2016! If you have been inspired to get out more this summer but don't know where to start, Eventbrite is the perfect place to start, to help you plan your own amazing events and find local ones near you.
Please let me know in the comments down below, how you plan on getting the most out of summer 2016 and activities you love to get up to outdoors!!!
Thank you for reading, as always X
*Disclaimer- I am not getting paid or sponsored to mention anything in this post. All opinions are my own*